Cristiano Ronaldo will visit Vietnam in the near future, international football broker Jorge Mendes said.

Mendes was in Hanoi with Peter Kenyon, former managing director of the English Premier League clubs Manchester United and Chelsea, to work with Do Quang Hien, chairman of T&T Group. The two sides are talking about investing in a project to develop young football talents.

Mendes said they would probably sign an agreement next month to arrange for Ronaldo to come to Vietnam.

[Source]

Cristiano Ronaldo’s personal terms for a move to Real Madrid were agreed ‘a long time ago’, according to a senior Manchester United source. Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes is now understood to have finalised all the key details with executives from the Spanish club.

‘They have been talking for at least two months,’ the source told Observer Sport last night, ‘and it was all agreed with Real Madrid weeks ago. All this chat from [Real president] Ramón Calderón that he does not want to upset Manchester United, and Cristiano Ronaldo cannot be bought because he belongs to another club, is absolute rubbish. Discussions have gone way beyond the point of no return. Sir Alex Ferguson knows this now so you can imagine how it has gone down.’

This explains United’s decision to lodge a formal complaint with Fifa, claiming that Ronaldo has been tapped up; a threat that, although announced occasionally by clubs, is rarely acted upon. Last week a national newspaper also published a photograph of Ronaldo meeting a Real official in January in Rome, the club’s fitness instructor, Walter Di Salvo, who left Old Trafford for the Bernabéu.

[Guardian]

Barcelona vice-president Ferran Soriano has insisted the Catalan giants have made no approach to sign Cristiano Ronaldo.

Manchester United’s brilliant Portugal winger has reportedly become a major transfer target of both Barcelona and their major Primera Liga rivals Real Madrid.

Even though both Sir Alex Ferguson and United chief executive David Gill have rejected any notion of the 21-year-old being sold, rumours of a summer move persist, with a fee in the region of £45million being mentioned.

The speculation was only heightened on Tuesday when Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes was seen meeting Barca’s sporting director Txiki Begiristain at a plush London hotel before they sat next to each other at the Emirates Stadium when Ronaldo skippered Portugal to a famous win over Brazil.

However, the Catalans have moved quickly to distance themselves from talk of a move for the United man, with Soriano indicating Barca were already well served for attacking players.

[Source]

|